Originally the host of a Saturday night alternative dance music show on CFNY in Toronto, this later expanded to a live broadcast from various Toronto nightclubs on Friday nights, a type of broadcast which was later copied by many other radio stations. He later moved to Energy 108 and launched the program into syndication across Canada. Sheppard also launched the Juno Award-winning dance groups BKS and Love Inc..
Chris Sheppard was largely responsible for turning the Canadian dance music scene upside down in the early-to-late '90s, and bringing dance music from around the world to Canadians. Sheppard was director/mixer of many compilation albums, including his own Pirate Radio Sessions, Destination Dance Floor, Groove Station and Club Cutz volumes.
During the late '80s and early '90s when Toronto's rave scene was at its peak, Sheppard would often attend as a guest DJ under his rave alias "Dogwhistle". Sheppard released two CD compilations under the Dogwhistle alias entitled "2 Hi 4 Humans" and "The Life And Times Of An After Hours DJ".
Since Sheppard's glory days, he has removed himself from the limelight, by retiring and living in Toronto's suburbs. His home was featured on MTV Cribs (Canadian edition) on MTV Canada. Though born and raised in Canada, Sheppard often speaks with a fake British accent.
- January 20, 1992, Techno Trip
- May 18, 1992, Sheppard's Revenge
- October 12, 1992, Still Trippin
- May 29, 1993, Trip To The Moon
- November 8, 1993, Have A Nice Trip
- February 14, 1994, Pirate Radio Sessions Vol. 1: The Underground Collection
- August 15, 1994, Pirate Radio Sessions Vol. 2: Club Culture
- February 27, 1995, Dogwhistle: The Life And Time Of An After Hours DJ
- May 1, 1995, Pirate Radio Sessions Vol. 3
- October 13, 1995, Pirate Radio Sessions Vol 4: The Best Of 1995
- December 14, 1995, Destination Dance Floor (Pirate Records)
- June 27, 1996, Pirate Radio Sessions Vol. 5
- Jul 11 1996, Dogwhistle: 2 Hi 4 Humans
- November 11, 1996, Destination Dance Floor 2
- December 16, 1996, Pirate Radio Sessions Vol. 6
- October 14, 1997, Destination Dance Floor 3
- January 27, 1998, Dogwhistle: Kwikmix 2938
- May 1998, Groove Station 4 (BMG)
- June 2, 1998, Club Cutz 101
- April 13, 1999, Club Cutz 201
- May 18, 1999, Groove Station 5
- January 25, 2000, Club Cutz 303
- May 2, 2000, Groove Station 6
- January 30, 2001, Club Cutz 404
- June 26, 2001, Euphoria: Hard House & Progressive Anthems
- September 25, 2001, Club Cutz 505
- March 19, 2002, Club Cutz 606
- 2002, Euphoria 2: Deep, Dark & Underground
- 2006, Loud Ass Mother Fucker (England)